Larry the Ad Man's Blog

I hope you learn from my small business marketing and advertising tips.

"Advertising is to trade what Steam is to machinery" Thomas Cook.
It was an honor to be nominated for 2011 Canadian Weblog Awards.


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Would you like to be chased by a tree?

In another of what is becoming a long list of bizarre television commercials, Kia comes up with a tree, coming to life and chasing a Kia.

I think we can all agree, that the message here is not a practical one. So.. what is the point? What is the emotion they are trying to link to the vehicle? The only one I can conceive is that the car is fast on snow. But how can we relate it to a running tree? Are tree's known for their speed? Do you as a consumer often get chased by someone? or something? Is that a need in the marketplace?

I certainly would have enjoyed being at the table when they conceptualized this one. Until next time, I am Larry "The Ad Man".

No comments:

Post a Comment